Tuesday, February 18, 2014

9 Weeks Out

I feel like I have so much to share in just two weeks time.

Two weeks ago my husband and I made a road trip to Philadelphia to go to a MAC Cosmetics store.  While at the store I got a lesson in how to put make up on.  I really needed this lesson.  I actually had the stylist chuckling at times when I didn't know how to do something.  Needless to say, I left there with a huge bill and probably way more than I needed.  It was an awesome experience, and I am now confident in how to apply/wear my makeup for my show.

Last week I finally bit the bullet and ordered my suit.  I think between Ravish Sands and Suitsyouswimwear I have added 'a suit' to the cart at least 10 times.  Interestingly, last week I was on the Suitsyouswimwear site and I customized my whole suit and had it all in the cart, but still couldn't pull the trigger.  Later in the day I got an email from them saying:  We noticed you were recently shopping on our site and did not complete your order.  Was there a problem during the checkout? I will keep your item(s) aside for you either way. If you did not complete the checkout, you still can. If there is anything I can do to help feel free to let me know.  So, I replied to the email and told them that I 'think' that was what I wanted, but I'm still unsure and afraid to commit.  So, after 17 emails back and forth with them of suggestions and changes my suit has been ordered.  I 'hope' I made the right decision, and I am beyond excited/nervous to get it!

Now that I am in my final week of my first month of prep I 'think' I finally have a grip on things.  I say that now knowing full well my plan is going to change next week.  Man, am I praying for more food and less cardio!  This entire month has been a process.  The first week I did okay because it was all new and exciting.  The second week I was just incredibly hungry all week long, last week I had a total mental/physical energy crash between Tuesday and Wednesday.  I finished off the week strong, but man that hit me hard.

My cheat meals are very regulated now, but I have been thoroughly enjoying them.  Out of the list of meals I decided that the burger is my go to cheat!  So, for the past 3 Saturday's I have had a burger.  Week 1 was at Quaker Steak and Lube.  I had a delicious burger with a side of carrots and celery.  Week 2 my hubby and I were in Bedford Springs for a night and we found an awesome little burger shop in Bedford called Bad Boyz Bistro.  I had the best burger!  I wish it was closer, I'd probably go there every week.  Last week we went to Federal Tap house in Harrisburg and I got creative.  I had 1/2 a burger and a slice of pizza.  It was so delicious.  With approval from my coach the night of my treat meal I am also allowed to have a 'clean dessert'.  The first 2 weeks I had a chocolate protein mug-cake.  Oh my, it is warm and gooey and so good!  Last week I baked a chocolate chip cookie dough Quest bar and topped it with a Tbsp. of PB2 and Unsweetened Cocoa.  It was good, but not as good as my mug-cake.  I'm not sure what I'll do yet this week!

Yesterday was extremely beneficial to me.  I drove 2.5 hours to Crofton, Maryland to meet a teammate for posing help.  She has her procard!  Her help was beyond awesome!  I went in so unsure of myself and I left feeling semi confident.  We spent time perfecting each pose and then putting it all together.  What was terrifying to me is now semi-exciting!  I still have a lot of work to do, but at least I know how to practice now.  I will get 10 seconds or less to whip through it so I must be fluent!  

At 9 weeks out I am coming in at 104 pounds and 14.5% body-fat.  I wish I would have had more muscle when I started, but for this round it is what it is and I'm going to go with it!  I am really hoping to hit the stage around 12% body fat.  

When I started with Bombshell in July of 2013 I was 24% body fat, so I have officially dropped 10%!!  Pretty exciting!



No comments:

Post a Comment